Thursday, September 18, 2008

Still no milk

We are starting week 3 of the poor milk production saga, and I have a little teeny tiny bit more milk than when we started. One time I made a whole ounce! Of course, she should be eating more like 4 ounces per feeding, so its not actually good yet.

No tbeing able to nurse exclusively is perhaps the biggest disappointment of my life thus far. But you can't make the milk come in if it won't. My plan is to rent a hospital pump to see if it changes anything, and if nothing changes much, we will probably stop this nonesense in a week or two. Since all this work is keeping me from spending as much time with the baby as I would like - which honestly defeats the whole purpose.

On a side note, Ani is sleeping through the night and trying really hard to smile for us - she's not quite there but her cheeks and lips are working on it. Right now she sneers if you smile at her. but in a cute nice way. We like to think that God knew we were having a hard time and gave us a good sleeper since the eating is so disappointing. I don't even like beer, but I may just give it a go all the same (see comments on last post for reference). New pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that it isn't going well. Try those other things and then just enjoy your baby... you only get her tiny once!

    And I hardly think sleeping through the night is a side note! That's huge!!

    New pictures please! :)

    ReplyDelete