Sunday, April 12, 2009

Resurrection Day

Today is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. For Jesus' followers, it was a day when all hope was lost and faith had become a distant memory. God had allowed him to die, and I believe that the third day was traditionally believed to be the day when the spirit left the body. But in an act of grace unparalleled in human history, Jesus returned to life, conquering death and sin and bringing an everlasting hope to humanity.
We were sitting in service today as a family, in the very back of the balcony because the room was so full, and I was so grateful for that hope; that I have something to believe in that transcends death and guilt and pain; that each time I look in Anika's face, I see the wonder of new life. On this easter sunday, resurrection sunday, I hope that wherever you are, you know the peace of God. And if you don't, then I pray that you find it.
To new life, the chance to begin again, and hope in the midst of heartache.





2 comments: