Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thesis Time!

Its that time of year again when the grad students at VCU scramble to finish their degrees and enter that big bad world of (un)employment. So this week I am on two thesis committees, both planning to defend.

I am actually, secretly, super excited about it. At the moment, reading theses is the only theatre type intellectual stimulation I am getting so I am trying to enjoy myself.

I must add that one of my thesis students was in my grad pedagogy class last fall, and a quote from one of my required readings made it into her thesis. While it could very well just be kissing up to the committee, I choose to believe that I inspired her.

Anyone else out there trying to get an MFA in theatre who needs a thesis committee member, let me know. I'd love to. and I am apparently very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment