Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Top 10 Reasons Babies are so fun

As my unborn baby woke me up at 4:30 this morning and I couldn't get back to sleep, I have finally given in and just gotten up. Being 36 weeks along is a little bit like it constantly being Christmas eve. You know you should sleep because Santa Clause will be here quicker, but you are so excited because SANTA CLAUSE IS COMING!!!! So that is how I feel. Except the baby version of Santa Clause doesn't do anything nice like come on a set day of the year so you know when to expect him. He's creepy that way.

So I thought I should think happy thoughts about the baby. I may not come up with all 10, but I figured some of you might have a few you want to contribute. So here goes:

Top 10 Reasons Babies are so Fun: Draft 1

10. When you are awake in the middle of the night, now you can have a buddy
9. Until they can talk you get to name all their stuffed animals for them (hence Monty's plush cow, Mr. Moo) - see picture in a previous blog
8. They're squishy (don't you just love squishy things?)
7. You get to buy new furniture
6. When you used to talk to yourself, now it looks like you are talking to another person, even though you just might still be talking to yourself
5. People will no longer talk about your abdomen - instead the baby can draw the main spotlight
4. You always have something to break the ice with strangers ("excuse me, have you admired my beautiful baby yet? She gets those looks from her beautiful mommy. Oh, my name is Julie, what's yours?")

That's all I have at the moment. Send me your suggestions.
:)

1 comment:

  1. I would add... they smile at you and make you feel like you are the center of the universe (of course not for the first few months but eventually they do!).

    ReplyDelete