Monday, May 12, 2008

27 weeks and my first mothers day

Now we are 27 weeks. One more week left in the second trimester. In theory, the baby will be full term 10 weeks from now and could be born anytime after that. Of course, in reality, she'll probably take 15 weeks to show up, but I am hopeful nonetheless.

Baby center says she is roughly the weight of a head of cauliflower this week. So I am referring to her as my little flower. That should be almost 2 lbs, and approximately 14 inches long if she is average. She is certainly kicking a lot and has increased the pressure on the bladder in the last week or so.

My first mothers day was very nice. Mike and the baby went in together and bought me a locket made of silver and turquoise. Inside it is a picture of her at our latest ultrasound that says "I love you, Mommy". So now I can look at her whenever I wear it. It was very thoughtful and I love it.

We took a trip to Virginia Beach and played in the pool and walked on the Boardwalk. It was a little too cold to go in the ocean, but maybe later in the summer we will go again so I can dig a hole in the sand and lie on my stomach. Since this mothers day also falls around our 7 year wedding anniversary, we celebrated them both this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. How very sweet! Good job Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww - Mike that is so sweet! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see what I can do about posting it on here.

    ReplyDelete