Monday, May 19, 2008

Welcome to the Third Trimester!

We are down the homestretch! Already 28 weeks along, the baby will be full term in approximately 9 weeks. That's just barely over 2 months. Of course, since she is a first time baby she will probably take at least another month after that to finish "cooking", but we are definitely nearing the end.

This week the baby is approximately the size of a Chinese Cabbage. I am not sure what is different about Chinese Cabbage vs. other kinds of cabbage, but this week I am being culturally insensitive and referring to her as my little fortune cookie. It just sounds cuter than chinese cabbage.

My belly button, as can be observed in my previous post, is now spending a majority of its time as an outie instead of an innie. Not all of its time, interestingly enough, but most.

And finally, we have begun telling people the name we picked out. Let me preface this with the knowledge that until I sign that birth certificate we reserve the right to change our minds at any time. That being said, we think we will be naming her Anika Sage Phillips (that's AH-nick-uh - not Ann ick uh). Anika means gracious or graceful and sage meaning wisdom. So her name would mean gracious wisdom. We thought that was kind of pretty. I suppose we will call her Ani for short.

So that is your reward for reading the blog through to the end. More to come I am sure on another day.

4 comments:

  1. Love the name. And if you change it...well your brilliant enough to pick another great one! :-) It was weird but signing Miah's Birth Certificate was a very surreal moment, I remember thinking...'now that really is her name'. Course I had so many drugs coursing through my system it's amazing I remember. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julez, that is absolutely beautiful! Still like the ring of Amarka, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it... people will constantly mispronounce it, but that's okay! I had a dream a couple of nights ago that you named her Annaliese and I was so mad at you that I hung up... then I called you back and explained how you had hurt my feelings by stealing my name... very odd, I know (especially as I have no baby in the oven!). How was your baby shower? I'm sorry I couldn't have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My baby book says that Anika means hospitable (from Hebrew).

    ReplyDelete