Thursday, May 8, 2008

Why there are some strange items on our registries

I have had several questions about some unusual items on our registries, so I thought I would take the time to explain how some of the unusual items are really baby supplies.

1. The magic bullet - this is a mini blender that I think will be really useful for making baby food. We currently don't own a blender, because we just don't have the kitchen storage room for another large appliance, but this little blender will be easier to store and clean and should make baby food making possible

2. duvet cover - currently our bedding is all white. White sheets, white comforter. As we will now be sharing our room with a poopy, spitting up little person, it seemed practical to register for some darker sheets and a duvet cover for our bright white blanket.

3. small flat screen tv - alright, I admit this one is more marginal than some of the others. The thought was that at 3 am when the baby has woken both of us up to eat or be changed, and we can't get her to sleep, it might be nice to have a tv in our room while we all try to get back to sleep. And, it might be useful in providing soft lullaby music while mom and dad watch some other program in the living room.

4. flameless candles - these are purely a selfish Julie item. I really want to have soft candles during labor, and the hospital does not allow an open flame in rooms where oxygen is dispensed. So I thought some flameless candles would do the trick. Also, once baby comes, these might make nice nightlights.

If you are curious about any other items, leave a comment and I will explain what on earth we were thinking when we registered for that.
:)

2 comments:

  1. I say teehee to all of your non-baby registry stuff... And since Reid, Tater and I are on a pretty fixed income at the moment I'm not sure what you'll be getting from us... But whatever it is, it will be supplied with love from Auntie Jenna (Have you picked a name yet?? Come on... you can tell me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed your first pregnant Mother's Day (and last "free" mother's day!).

    ReplyDelete