Thursday, March 27, 2008

I think my belly might just fall off

So, I feel as if I have grown exponentially in just the last two days. Baby and I are definitely planning to stop eating cheese fries on a daily basis.

If I look from afar, or in certain positions the belly doesn't seem that huge, but as I am lying in bed, tossing from one side to the other since I can no longer sleep on my stomach or my back, the muscles in my abdomen seem to be saying "My goodness, what is this thing you want us to lug around?"

Actually, to be honest, they used expletives I would prefer not to publish here on the blog. I know stomach muscles don't talk, but believe me. These ones were swearing at me.

So the moral of the story is, don't gain a lot of weight all at once in the abdomen, because you too might feel as if your belly is going to fall off the rest of your body. And the sad thing is, you almost wish it would so things would be normal again. (until you remember there is a baby in the belly, and you are sappy enough to weep when other mothers give birth on tv shows, so there is no way you would give up that experience for yourself). And after that, even though you want to stop lugging it around, you are actually pretty glad the baby is in there.

3 comments:

  1. I watched Baby Story yesterday at lunch and cried... I am definitely still that person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't get over the fact that my old roommie is having a baby....your belly is so cute....although, it may not feel like it...it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 22 weeks today, right?? See, not only do I check your blog every day, but I even keep track of the days too!

    ReplyDelete